Noun Clauses in Songs
These sentences are taken from the lyrics of some current songs. Find and underline the noun clauses in these lyrics. There are a total of 20 noun clauses.
- "Now I'm convinced the whole day long that all I learn is always wrong, and things are true that I forget, but no one taught that to me yet." (Phish/Character Zero)
- "And I don't want the world to see me 'cause I don't think that they'd understand. Well, everything's made to be broken. I just want you to know who I am." (Goo-Goo Dolls/Iris)
- "What we've learned here is love tastes bitter when it's gone." (Matchbox 20/Shame)
- "Now the drugs don't work; they just make you worse, but I know I'll see your face again." (The Verve/The Drugs Don't Work)
- "All I really wanna say I can't define. It's love I need, but my soul will have to wait 'til I get back and find a Heina of my own. Daddy's gonna love one and all. I feel the break, and I got to live it out. I swear that I really wanna know. All I really wanna say is I got mine, and I'll make it. Yes, I'm comin'up. Tell Sanchito that if he knows what is good for him he best go run and hide. Daddy's got a new .45." (Sublime/Santeria)
- " All I wanna do is have a little fun before I die, says the man next me out of nowhere, apropos of nothing. He says his name's William, but I'm sure he's Bill or Billy, Mac or Buddy. He's plain ugly to me, and I wonder if he's ever had a day of fun in his whole life." (Sheryl Crow/All I Wanna Do)
Go here for Answers to Noun Clauses above.