Do the Right Thing - After You Watch: Discussion
- How were Martin Luther King's and Malcom X's beliefs different? How is the photograph of the two of them important in this film?
- Which character did you identify most with? Why? (Support your answer by referring to specific scenes and situations from the film.)
- Which character did you find the most difficult to identify with? Why? What did this character do? How did he/she respond to the situation around him/her? How would you have responded differently?
- What is the relationship between Sal and Mookie's sister? Why does this relationship make Mookie angry?
- What happens when the police arrive? Why does this happen? How does this influence the course of events?
- Da Mayor tells Mookie to "do the right thing." What is the right thing?