Bonnie and Clyde - After You Watch: Discussion Questions
Bonnie and Clyde / Arthur Penn (1967)
- In what ways does the movie illustrate the following themes? What message(s) does the film suggest for each? Remember, you should cite specific scenes/situations from the movie to support your answer: poverty, social class, independence, rebellion against authority, sex and power, violence, the media, and the changing role of women.
- In what ways are Bonnie and Clyde portrayed as heroes? What were some of their personality traits? Why does this movie portray them so sympathetically?
- The real Bonnie and Clyde were not as beautiful as their movie counterparts. How would your identification with them be different if they looked like "ordinary folks"?
- What is the role of the Kodak camera? Why are they always taking pictures?
- What did you like about this movie? What did you dislike? Once again, support your statements with specific scenes/situations from the film.