We've created this page about food to help you practice your English.
Here you will find quizzes to test your grammar and vocabulary, a discussion forum where you can share your ideas, games, and activities.
Go ahead, dig in!
Do you like to cook? Do you like to try new kinds of food?
- What's your favorite meal?
- Are there any foods that you like now that you didn't like when you were a child?
- What's your idea of a pefect romantic dinner?
Activities and Games
- Interactive Web Activity: the Menu at Hamburger Mary's - Take a look at a menu from a real American diner as you practice vocabulary, reading, and writing.
- Interactive Web Activity: the Slanted Door - This activity will give you the chance to read a review of a San Francisco restaurant.
- Interactive Web Activity: Arrabiata Sauce - Learn how to make pasta arrabiata AND practice your reading, writing and vocabulary skills!
- Food Quantifiers: Crossword - Do you say a carton of milk or a box of milk? See how well you do with this interactive crossword puzzle.
- At a Restaurant: Scrambled Sentences - Try this scrambled sentence game.
Practice your vocabulary, grammar, and TOEFL skills by taking an interactive quiz!
- Making Dinner: Prepositions of Location - (very easy, multiple choice)
- Picture Vocabulary: In the Kitchen - (easy, multiple choice)
- What Kind of Food Is It? - (medium, multiple choice)
- Safeway: Supermarket Vocabulary - (easy, cloze)
- Cooking Pasta - (difficult, cloze)
- Tense Review: At a Restaurant - (medium, fill-in)