Click for Newsletter
Discussion Questions: Natural Disasters
- What's the worst storm you've ever been in? Where were you? What were you doing when the storm hit? Did the storm cause any damage? Describe your experience.
- Which of the following natural disasters do you think is the most frightening: earthquake, forest fire, volcanic eruption, hurricane, tornado, flood? Why?
- What natural disasters have you (or someone you know) experienced? Tell about what happened.
- What's the worst natural disaster your country has ever experienced? What happened? How much damage did it cause? How did the community respond?
- Do you know how the following natural disasters are caused: tsunami, drought, tornado, forest fire?
- Would you rather live in a climate that is very hot or very cold? What natural disaster risks would you encounter in each?
- How has the weather changed during your lifetime? For example, do you think it's gotten more extreme? What do you think will happen with the weather in the 21st century?