Click for Newsletter
All the President's Men - Getting Started: Discussion Questions
- What political scandals have occurred in your country's history? How did the media cover these scandals? What made them controversial? How did people in your country respond to the scandals?
- Do you agree that public officials should be judged by their personal behavior (because of how it effects them publicly) or should they just be evaluated on their job performance and what they stand for politically?
- What do you know about the recent President Clinton scandal? How did the media cover this scandal in your country? In the US? What was the outcome of this scandal?
- If something similar to the recent Clinton scandal had happened to the president of your country, how would the public and the media have reacted?
- What do you know about other presidential scandals in the US? Specifically, what do you know about the Iran-Contra scandal? Many Americans think that the Iran-Contra scandal involved one of the most serious offenses of an American president. If you do not know anything about this scandal, why might that be?
- How does the media influence politics in your country? In the US?
- What do you know about Watergate?