The WWW doubles in size every 90 days. A new web site is added every four seconds. At last check, 75% of the WWW was in English. Here's the place where you can start to figure it all out.
We've created this page about the Internet to help you practice your English. There are scavenger hunts and Internet worksheets to help you learn about other web sites, quizzes to test your grammar and vocabulary, and discussion forums where you can share your ideas. Don't get left behind. The information super highway is waiting!
A scavenger hunt is a type of Internet activity that guides you through different web sites. To use these scavenger hunts, you can print the pages or you can work directly from this web site.
- Music - This scavenger hunt will teach you about the International Lyrics Server, MIDI files and MIDI karakoe, on-line music quizzes, and more.
- Movies - This scavenger hunt will teach you about the International Movie Database, on-line movie quizzes, and more.
- The News - This Internet scavenger hunt will introduce you to the newspaper USA Today On-line, teach you one way to find newspapers on the WWW, and involve you in learning about current events at CNN Interactive.
- Dave's ESL Cafe
- EF Englishtown
- Kent's ESL Wonderland
- On-line TOEFL Materials
- Randall's CyberListening Lab
- The All Music Guide
- The Discovery Channel On-line
- Earth Alert
- Lonely Planet On-line
- The Rough Guide On-line