The benefits of learning English as a second language in a user-friendly environment are very valuable and will be greatly utilized in future communication experiences
Karin's ESL PartyLand
Copyright 1999 by Karin M. Cintron/Reproducible for Classroom Use
Internet Worksheet: Earth Alert
- What natural disasters have recently hit Asia? Click on the icon (picture) to read more about one of these disasters.
- Where did the most recent earthquake occur? (Hint: click on the icon (picture) for earthquake under the map.)
- What were the most extreme temperatures for the past week? Where was the temperature the highest? The lowest?
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list. Click on March 2-6 1998. This was the first week Earth Alert went on-line. How many categories of natural disasters are present for this week? Take a few minutes to explore some of the readings. Do you think the weather has gotten worse since then?
- In mid-January of 1999, what country suffered from landslides?
- Find three extreme weather events that occurred during the week of your last birthday.
Send your teacher an e-mail. In your e-mail, answer the following questions: